A great way to raise some spending money for the show!
The sales area in the Cambridge Suite will open between 10.30am and 2.00pm.
We prefer all payments in cash – there is one cash point in the building, in the Atrium. We may accept cheques from non-members if you can provide photographic proof of identity, showing your address. Also, we may accept cheques from members if you can show a membership card and another proof of identity (we will check with our membership data). All cheques must be written out in ink.
Debit and Credit cards can be used to pay for purchases via PayPal with a minimum transaction fee of £500 plus the PayPal fee. The fee is variable depending on the value of the transaction but it will be worked out if anyone wishes to use this method.
Arrangements for the Member to Member Sales at the 2017 AGM will be largely as applied in 2016, when the limited number of M2M volunteer Stewards provided Members with a better service than in some previous years. (More volunteers are always very welcome).
M2M will take place in the Cambridge Suite, away from the main Exhibition Hall. This allows sufficient space for the safe display of goods, and greater ease of supervision by the M2M stewards:
- Sales will commence at 10.30am, and will close at 2pm when the AGM starts.
- Members who wish their lots to be available to buyers at 10.30am MUST have pre-booked them by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 5th April 2017, and must hand them in between 8.30am and 10am on the day.
- Lots that have not been pre-booked will not be accepted for sale.
Experience from 2016 was that these arrangements meant that:
- All items were on display ready for the Stand to open at 10.30am, with all volunteers able to concentrate on selling;
- More space, and a set- back display for high value items ensured they could be seen to advantage with less risk of damage. [We will try to re-arrange part of the display so that buyers are not looking directly into the sun (if any)]
- Members queueing for the M2M stand to open did not interfere with traders in the main hall;
- We were able to start paying out vendors from 3pm, and completed pay out by 4pm (bar to one vendor who didn’t believe we would, and didn’t turn up until 4.30pm.)
The rules are intended to make clear that Vendors need to give careful forethought to the Booking in process; once pre-Booking has been completed the only amendments would be if, for whatever reason, one item is not handed in (and therefore needs deleting from the form). There should be no adding extra items or changing of prices at booking in.
Complete and send by post the form printed in the November 2016 issue of 16mm Bulletin, or download a form in Microsoft Word format to complete and return by email (email details provided on the form). Items must be pre-booked by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 5th April 2017.