Despite our best efforts, catering at the National Show in June 2022 fell well short of what we wanted and had arranged, so Carol and I have been working with the Arena to get it right this year. We’ve been working with Michelle Sergeant from Abbots Catering, who is Head of Sales and responsible for the catering services supplied to the Arena. We’ve met with her twice, last year and a few weeks ago as we finalised preparations. She’s provided us with the menu below and assures us that lessons have been learned. Clearly the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, but I’d like to share a few things with you as you prepare for your visit to the Arena. Our catering offer on Saturday will include:
- A full English 8-piece breakfast available in the Peterborough Suite from 07:30 until 10:30.
- A hot lunch available in the Peterborough Suite from 11:30 until 14:00. There will be four meal options including a vegetarian option.
- Bacon and sausage rolls available from both the inside and outside catering units. Make it Meat, which was positively received in the past, is back again.
- Two payment positions in the Peterborough Suite – last year there was just one and this created a bottleneck.
- For coffee lovers, we’ll have two Baristas to rustle up the coffee of your choice.
The full menu is as follows:
- Bacon Roll (inside and Make it Meat outside) – £5.00
- Bacon and Sausage Roll (inside and Make it Meat outside) – £6.00
- Tea – £2.50
- Coffee – £3.00 filter (12oz), £3.70 for specialty (8oz)
- Sausage Roll – £3.00
- Pork Roll – £6.00
- Vegan Pasty – £4.00
- Sandwiches -£3.50
- Crisps – £1.30
- Muffins – £2.80
- Full English – 8 Pieces – 2 Bacon, 1 Sausage, Scrambled Egg, Toast, Beans, 1 Hash Browns and Mushrooms – £9.50 (does not include Tea and Coffee)
- Fish, chips and mushy peas – £12.50
- Beef steak and vegetable pie – £12.50
- Chicken with mushrooms in a tarragon cream sauce – £12.50
- Grilled vegetables and spinach pasta bake with Garlic bread (vegetarian option) – £12.50
In addition, the bar adjacent to the Peterborough Suite will serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
We think that this represents a sea change from last year and hope that you’ll find something to tickle your fancy.
Alan & Carol Regan, part of the Show Organising Team