A great way to raise some spending money for the show!
The sales area in the Cambridge Suite will open between 10:30 and 14:00.
We prefer all payments in cash – there is one cash point in the building, in the Atrium. We may accept cheques from non-members if you can provide satisfactory independent proof of identity. All cheques must be written out in ink.
For individual lots sold for £500 or more, payment may be made by Debit or Credit card.
Arrangements for the Member to Member Sales at the 2019 AGM will be largely as applied since 2016.
The Rules and Instructions for the 2019 M2M are published in the November 2018, and February 2019 16mm Bulletins, along with the booking in form. We are happy to accept photocopies, or scans of the form, and if this means you keep a copy of the Rules by you, so much the better.
M2M will take place in the Cambridge Suite, away from the main Exhibition Hall. This allows sufficient space for the safe display of goods, and greater ease of supervision by the M2M stewards:
- Sales will commence at 10:30, and will close at 14:00 when the AGM starts.
- Members who wish their lots to be available to buyers at 10:30 MUST have pre-booked them by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 3rd April 2019, and must hand them in between 08:30 and 10:00 on the day of the AGM.
- Lots that have not been pre-booked will not be accepted for sale.
Experience from the last three years was that these arrangements mean that:
- All items can be on display ready for the Stand to open at 10:30am, with all volunteers able to concentrate on selling;
- More space, and a set- back display for high value items ensures they can be seen to advantage with less risk of damage. In addition we are able to display 32mm gauge and 45mm gauge items in separate areas.
- Members queueing for the M2M stand to open do not interfere with traders in the main hall;
- We can be ready to start paying out vendors from 15:00 (but not before) and complete pay out by 16:00.
The rules are intended to ensure that Vendors and Buyers get as good a service as a volunteer team can provide. They have now been proven during three years of successful implementation and there has not been any grounds for allowing variations.
Vendors need to give careful forethought to the Booking in process:
- once pre-Booking has been completed the only amendments would be if, for whatever reason, one item is not handed in (and therefore needs deleting from the form). There should be no adding extra items or changing of prices at booking in.
- The M2M organisers will not give specific advice on what are reasonable prices, but it is suggested that, in setting a price for any item, the Vendor .should be clear whether it is more important to liberate cluttered space at home, or to hold out for the last farthing/ fifty pounds.
We hope that as many as possible of the M2M volunteers who have made a success of the past two years will be willing and able to assist again in 2018. We are, however, always pleased to welcome new volunteers.
Items must be pre-booked by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
2019 Member to Member Sales form (Microsoft Word) to complete and return by email (email details provided on the form)
2019 Member to Member Sales form (PDF) to complete and return by post
Or use the form printed in 16mm Bulletin.
To help defray the expense to the Association of running M2M a levy will be deducted of 10% of the individual Vendor’s sales. The deduction will be applied per item sold. The minimum deduction will be £2 and the maximum will be £200. This sum will be deducted at the time the member collects his/her money and any unsold items.