A great way to raise some spending money for the show!
The sales area in the Cambridge Suite will open between 10:30 and 14:00.
We prefer all payments in cash – there is one cash point in the building, in the Atrium. We may accept cheques from non-members if you can provide photographic proof of identity, showing your address. Also, we may accept cheques from members if you can show a membership card and another proof of identity (we will check with our membership data). All cheques must be written out in ink.
Debit and Credit cards can be used to pay for purchases via PayPal with a minimum transaction fee of £500 plus the PayPal fee. The fee is variable depending on the value of the transaction but it will be worked out if anyone wishes to use this method.
Arrangements for the Member to Member Sales at the 2018 AGM will be largely as applied in 2016 and 2017.
The Rules and Instructions for the 2018 M2M are published in the November 2017, and February 2018 16mm Bulletins, along with the booking in form. We are happy to accept photocopies, or scans of the form, and if this means you keep a copy of the Rules by you, so much the better.
M2M will take place in the Cambridge Suite, away from the main Exhibition Hall. This allows sufficient space for the safe display of goods, and greater ease of supervision by the M2M stewards:
- Sales will commence at 10:30, and will close at 14:00 when the AGM starts.
- Members who wish their lots to be available to buyers at 10:30 MUST have pre-booked them by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 4th April 2018, and must hand them in between 08:30 and 10:00 on the day.
- Lots that have not been pre-booked will not be accepted for sale.
Experience from the last two years was that these arrangements mean that:
- All items can be on display ready for the Stand to open at 10:30am, with all volunteers able to concentrate on selling;
- More space, and a set- back display for high value items ensures they can be seen to advantage with less risk of damage. In addition we are able to display 32mm gauge and
45mm gauge items in separate areas.
- Members queueing for the M2M stand to open do not interfere with traders in the main hall;
- We can be ready to start paying out vendors from 15:00 (but not before) and complete pay out by 16:00.
The rules are intended to ensure that Vendors and Buyers get as good a service as a volunteer team can provide. They have now been proven during two years of successful implementation and there has not been any grounds for allowing variations.
Vendors need to give careful forethought to the Booking in process:
- once pre-Booking has been completed the only amendments would be if, for whatever reason, one item is not handed in (and therefore needs deleting from the form). There should be no adding extra items or changing of prices at booking in.
- The M2M organisers will not give specific advice on what are reasonable prices, but it is suggested that, in setting a price for any item, the Vendor .should be clear whether it is more important to liberate cluttered space at home, or to hold out for the last farthing/ fifty pounds.
We hope that as many as possible of the M2M volunteers who have made a success of the past two years will be willing and able to assist again in 2018. We are, however, always pleased to welcome new volunteers.
Items must be pre-booked by 12:00 Noon on Wednesday 4th April 2018.
2018 Member to Member Sales form (Microsoft Word) to complete and return by email (email details provided on the form)
2018 Member to Member Sales form (PDF) to complete and return by post
Or use the form printed in the November 2017 issue of 16mm Bulletin.
The Association will retain a commission of 10% of the sale price of each item sold, up to a maximum of £100 per item.